About This Book
The book "Practical WPF Graphics Programming - Advanced .NET Graphics Development with the Windows Presentation Foundation" is available now. You can order the eBook version of this book from this Web Site. The paperback version can be purchased at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other booksellers worldwide. Click here to order the book now.
This book follows the same style of my previous book "Practical C# Charts and Graphics". I emphasize the practicality of WPF to your real-world graphics applications and try to explain WPF graphics concepts based on code examples. This in-depth book on graphics programming in the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) contains over 120 ready-to-run code examples, which provide you with everything you need to add advanced graphics to your applications. From basic 2D shapes to complex interactive 3D models, this book uses code examples to clearly explain every step involved in building a variety of WPF graphics applications. You'll learn how to use WPF to create impressive graphic effects and high-fidelity user interfaces.
This book contains:
- An overview of WPF graphics capabilities and the mathematical basics of computer graphics.
- Step-by-step procedures for creating a variety of 2D and 3D custom geometries and shapes with complete ready-to-run XAML and C# code for each application.
- Powerful 2D chart applications and user controls that can be directly used in your WPF applications or can be easily modified to create your own sophisticated chart packages.
- Detailed procedures on how to create various 3D surfaces in WPF using rectangular meshes.
- An introduction to building physics-based models games and fractals.
- Advanced color, lighting, and shading effects for 3D graphics objects.
- Instructions on adding direct interaction, such as animation, transformations, hit-testing, and mouse events, to graphics models.